Monday, June 16, 2014

The girls


I'm still not used to saying things like "I'll bring the girls over sometime"- the girls!! Indeed- there are two of them now. Its hard to believe that little Emmeline was once so tiny or that Lena has been here with us for four weeks. Four weeks ago I went to my routine OB appointment without knowing that our little sweet pea was actually coming.  And here were are on the other side.  This first month is intense- there's no easy way around it.  And sometimes once can get stuck in the tired fogs and the 'how do I care for two when they are crying at once' moments and forget to marvel at tiny skirts and the toddler's tunnels in the stone driveway, in wispy hair and alert eyes.  Yesterday we took a long walk as a family on the Green Lane Reservoir. We didn't take any pictures because we just wanted to be present in the moment. And that is what I hope to record here- moments of gratitude for our girls.







No comments:

Post a Comment