Thursday, June 5, 2014

june five

June 5 six years ago my dear momma went to heaven. And this year, having just given birth to Lena I can't help but imagine what life would be like should she still be here.  She's missed in these newborn days, as she was with Emmie.  Sometimes my heart is sad when I think of all I want to tell her and then I think of all she taught me about motherhood by being the kind of mother she was. I realize the heritage she has given me. So although my heart wants to be sad today I choose to rejoice in her presence with the Lord, away from cancer and sin and pain and in the gift of her life for 26 years of my life.  I like these pictures because they show her pure delight in motherhood. I love the aprons, the tired eyes and puffy hair. I love her smile. I know how she feels now, having two daughters!  Oh, how you are missed Mom, but oh how loved always.  








1 comment:

  1. A beautiful tribute to a beautiful, special mom who is missed so much by so many. Thanks. XOXO, love from Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete