Saturday, May 4, 2024

Catching my breath


April was a whirl of busy days, many of them very normal and some of them especially hard.
As we journey with some who are walking through the valley of the shadow of death, each day can feel like waiting with a heavy burden on your back. We trust in the Resurrection but we still grieve for those we love as we wait for a fully redeemed world and bodies.

We have been busy as beavers finishing up our school year and the girls have loved making ocean lap books and pioneer journals.  We love history so much in our household and these things (dressing up like pioneers and cooking outside) are the things memories are made of. So in spite of the exhaustion, I want to see and remember their faces. I want to remember Levi exploring dandelions for the first time and Phoebe's glee at biking without training wheels, up and down the driveway like a flash of glory. I want to remember how Lena loved to find herbs with me and noticed the chickweed before I did. I want to remember her fairy garden village. I want to remember that Emmie at age 11 was happiest painting or creating her magical paper creations. There is no way around it ,dear friends, this life is hard sometimes and so we press into Jesus, our Rock and our Salvation and hold tight. 



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment