Thursday, September 25, 2014

This and That

These days are filled to overflowing and time dances by. Suddenly....Autumn. So we're 
busy trying on winter coats and pumpkin hats, sweet newborn hats I hoped we could still wear and playing outside in jammies.  This week Emmie learned to sing Holy Holy Holy, Twinkle Twinkle and the doxology.  She also learned the first two questions of the Westminster Shorter Catechism.  She is like a sponge, listening for new ideas, words and colors.  The moon and stars are her friends and we say goodnight each night.  We play the ABC game and she asks now for her own piano lesson and gives "lethons" to her babies.  Baby Lena has been to see two more doctors and we're glad to know she is growing steadily at her own pace in spite of all her belly troubles.  She sings now too and babbles her sweet language.  Her favorite face to follow is Emmeline's.  This week I heard myself say things like "No, don't put that pea up your nose" and "No, dogs don't go to church", "Are you wearing your sister's shirt", "yes, Mr____ poops too".  I've never multi-tasked on this level before and I'm sure I'm insane by the end of the evening but somehow in the fringes of the day I hold these moments close to my heart so I'll remember them always. 











No comments:

Post a Comment