Saturday, August 16, 2014

Musical Dieffenbachs (And a Kleeman, too)

Although it might not happen as often as Emmie would like, her cousins Sam and Ben are somewhat frequent visitors here at our house.

Here's a brief sample of the pianistic genius that is the Dieffenbach/Kleeman Duo, composing and performing their Duet, Opus 1.


In case you didn't know already, my job with Emery Brothers, Inc. involves spending a goodly amount of time around pipe organs. We recently finished a job at Calvary Episcopal Church in Summit, NJ, and I needed to put the organ through its paces to make sure everything was working. It's rare that I actually get a few minutes to sit down and noodle around, but here's what can happen if I do. I make no claim to be a great improvisateur, or even a great organist. However the sound of an 8' FlĂ»te Harmonique (the first stop I use, and play with for a while) is one of my favorite sounds in the world. The microphone on a mobile device doesn't even begin to do it justice, but it's something. Hope you enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment