Thursday, April 6, 2017

April ponderings

 It's hard to believe it is April already, but the grass in turning green, the birds wake us with their song and spring seems to be close to arriving. As we prepare for Holy Week and Easter I am reflecting on the hope of the Gospel, the reminder of an infant King, a Healer, a Shepherd, a Physician, a Savior, who has come to save us. He is our miracle worker, busy cleaning out our hearts, so that we may adore him.

"Ah, God be praised! He has given me this joy in soul and courage. Jesus lives and so shall I: Jesus lives, my flesh and blood. Jesus lives and also will make me alive forever. All my consolation now is this. Jesus lives, it is enough. He lives and says I am His so say I, and rightly so: Jesus' life alone means that eternal life is mine. Here will I enclose myself in Jesus' wounds." Aemelia Juliana- Trostschriften.














No comments:

Post a Comment