Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Emmelineisms

Dear Emmie b,

There are so many wonderful memories I want to treasure and remember forever. Here are a few: 

- "Is it tomorrow now?"
- "I don't remember they name"
- "Will you read me another song, Momma?"
- "I want yellow cupcakes with yellow icing. Yellow is my favorite"
- "I slept big Momma"
- "What friends are they" when seeing pictures in a magazine of children
-"My shirt has a hang nail"- a string was coming off 
-"My bed is softie"
-"I do the potty like a big one. I'm proud of you" (meaning are you proud of me?)
- "Holy Holy Holy.....  mercity and mighty"  (merciful and mighty)
-"I want to sing Jesus Loves Me This I Know For The Bible Tells Me So" (every time... the full title)
-"Maybe Lena needs me....." (Right you are girlie)
-"Güte Nacht, Sleep tight, don't get out of bed, I love you, kiss...." (all in one breath)


I want to remember the squinty eyes and cheesy smile, your fine wispy brown hair that has golden highlights, your little voice singing hymns to Lena when she would get upset, the times you remember to read God's Word after dinner when we don't, the way you HAVE to roll your underwear down, your strong dislike of jeans, the way you cuddle in bed at night saying, "mm mm", your goodnight routines, your strong need for alone time, the way you draw circles, your deeply sensitive heart, your love of smells, your fear of dogs but courage to try them out and your love of cranberry juice. I love you little girl of mine! And I shall treasure you always. 






No comments:

Post a Comment