Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow day

All is covered in white outdoors. Our road, ever busy, is even quiet.

I break from my research on Bach and seventeenth century hymnals for a moment to publicly reflect on the profundity of God's blessing on my life. 


Across the room are my two (well, three, really) girls. A very dear friend, who recently celebrated the birth of his third child and first son, once told me that his daughters were the light of his life. At the time I thought "oh that's nice."

Now, Dan, I get it. 

As it turns out many of our deepest experiences in life truly defy expression. But I would say, without hesitation, that our little family is the light of my life. 

Beyond that I am blessed with a job that I love, with an employer who respects my priorities. (www.emerybrothers.com)

Above all that God the Father has called me to Himself in Christ the Son and given me new life in the Spirit. 

Enjoy the snow, folks. It's a cold, windy day outside. But I'm in here enjoying warmth and comfort, and a little one running towards me, arms outstretched. 

"Papa!"

afd

1 comment:

  1. And we are blessed with you - more deeply than we can think or know. Thanks! XOXO, Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete